Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

Another FiST on The Smoking Tire

8K views 29 replies 17 participants last post by  Leichtwork@gmail 
#1 ·
I just bought a 2015 and now that we've got another FiST in the TST family we're going to be doing some interesting comparisons.

You've all seen Thad's car, we're going in a little different direction with mine :)

#8 ·
Awesome! Welcome, huge fan of all your podcast's Chris. You are often the voice of reason and bring up technical discussions/questions with guests. I know on your last Hooniverse you mentioned asking the fans for funding. I just want to throw it out there that I would happily give you some money for all the hours of entertainment.

Keep up the awesome content!

#12 ·
That would be pretty pointless imho. Assuming they used the same dyno and that the cars had a similar baseline, they would probably both end up close enough that mere mortals wouldn't know the difference-assuming the final cars were pro-tuned by the same person. The Mountune route would cost significantly more though, and as soon as it went beyond the MP215 it would defeat the main purpose of going through Mountune to begin with-the warranty.

#19 ·
Practicality? You are the Smoking Tire and everyone knows Ford gives you those cars for free! lol

Actually, you should have taken the element rallying, that would be hilarious.
Yeah I got mine at the substantially discounted price of $25k.

I still think that an Element could be a decent rally candidate but it would require a lot of work and money I didn't want to put into it.

I'm going to put a little (big emphasis on little) into the ST but after that any money spent on cars will be for an Alcon brake kit, Recaro Sportsters and a de-stroked LS7 for the Vette.

As much as I like my Fiesta when I've got a much more capable car in the garage it seems silly to neglect it.

The one thing I will say, I'm way more apt to make a quick canyon run in the Fiesta. It doesn't draw attention (i.e. not cup car loud) and uses about 1/3 the fuel of the Vette.

#21 ·
Matt's also registered on here, he's a great guy. Welcome to the family. and I really hope you enjoy your FiST. Matt's comparo with (was it JF's E46 M3) video was what really sealed the deal for me. I went out and bought one that same weekend after seeing the video.

#26 ·
The full name is just "Hooniverse Podcast" available from shout engine, and on iTunes as well. I can't remember the specific podcast number, but Chris has mentioned a couple times since that he's working with Mountune, Hotchkiss, and some other vendors, but hasn't said anything too specific other than videos are coming.

The other three car podcasts that I listen to weekly and definitely recommend are The Smoking Tire, CarCast with Adam Carolla, and Everyday Driver Car Debate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#27 ·
When I read the title of this post I thought you were talking about the FiST in Matt's recent HRE video, which is my car.

#29 ·
Yeah I got mine at the substantially discounted price of $25k.

I still think that an Element could be a decent rally candidate but it would require a lot of work and money I didn't want to put into it.

I'm going to put a little (big emphasis on little) into the ST but after that any money spent on cars will be for an Alcon brake kit, Recaro Sportsters and a de-stroked LS7 for the Vette.

As much as I like my Fiesta when I've got a much more capable car in the garage it seems silly to neglect it.

The one thing I will say, I'm way more apt to make a quick canyon run in the Fiesta. It doesn't draw attention (i.e. not cup car loud) and uses about 1/3 the fuel of the Vette.

So, I was a little behind on my ShoutEngine content. I got caught up and chuckled about the recent upgrades to the fiesta when I remembered this comment. You went from stock to springs to coil over very fast. Although, given your relationships the upgrades were still probably very "little" to you.

#30 ·
The Smoking tire was the main reason I went with my FiST. For someone to enjoy a car so much to go out and buy one when he has so many other options to go with. So I have been the proud owner of my car for a month now and could not be happier. And I traded in a car that was twice what this thing is and I enjoy this car so much more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.