Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts
It was good to see you eRic at C&C today! Here's a pic of our Fiesta twins:

This was my first Cars & Coffee and it was fun! I hope to see more FiST owners at these in the future!

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Sorry I wasn't able to make it last Saturday, looks like it was a good turnout.

I'm definitely going to Kart2Kart and JD Racing next month, and it would be nice to have a FiST section :D

ps... Any other Detroit area ST owners that might be viewing this thread, come out and join us!

Sorry I wasn't able to make it last Saturday, looks like it was a good turnout.

I'm definitely going to Kart2Kart and JD Racing next month, and it would be nice to have a FiST section :D

ps... Any other Detroit area ST owners that might be viewing this thread, come out and join us!
I'm going to try and make it to both next time around.

Discussion starter · #30 ·
Hey eRic, ever since I picked up my ST I've been itching to try autocross, but as the FiST is my first manual car, I wanted to take a little time to learn some fundamental performance driving techniques like heel and toe, and rev matching. Now that I feel comfortable with my footwork (and have a fresh set of ExtremeContact DW's on the way,) I feel like now is the perfect time to get started.

Since you seem to be quite the experienced autocrosser, do you have any course etiquette tips, common beginner mistakes to avoid, or any other helpful information you'd be willing to share? The last thing I want to do is show up and look completely clueless.

Hey eRic, ever since I picked up my ST I've been itching to try autocross, but as the FiST is my first manual car, I wanted to take a little time to learn some fundamental performance driving techniques like heel and toe, and rev matching. Now that I feel comfortable with my footwork (and have a fresh set of ExtremeContact DW's on the way,) I feel like now is the perfect time to get started.

Since you seem to be quite the experienced autocrosser, do you have any course etiquette tips, common beginner mistakes to avoid, or any other helpful information you'd be willing to share? The last thing I want to do is show up and look completely clueless.
When you get there it will look like a sea of traffic cones. Walk the course as many times as you can (at least 3) and you'll be less likely to get lost when you are driving. Look ahead to where you are going, not where you are. Sit as close to the steering wheel and pedals as you can comfortably and you will have better, smoother control. If you don't know or understand something, ask, almost everybody will be glad to help. Most importantly, have fun.

Discussion starter · #34 ·
Thanks eRic and Cligedy for the info. The best way to get started is probably to get off the computer and just head to an event. Everyone I've talked to has been exceedingly friendly and helpful, so I'm sure all of my concerns are just first time jitters.

I'm definitely going to head out to the next Detroit area autocross and give it a shot!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.