Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

Bronze Team Dynamics Pro race 1.2 w/ST-XTA

5K views 24 replies 6 participants last post by  kamakazee 
#1 · (Edited)
So I have finally been able to track down a set of Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 in Bronze 18X8 et. 42. The bad news is that the wheels are a little too big with the low drop of the H&R sport springs. My solution; acquire a set of ST-XTA coilovers to raise the ride height just a bit for clearance. Being able to balance 4 corners is always a plus ;) A big thank you to Chalon from Perfect Circle Autosports in helping me acquire this set-up. I have an appointment Monday morning to have these installed by Modbargains so I'll be sure to post pics afterwards. Pretty stoked!

Tire Rim Alloy wheel Wheel Automotive tire

See less See more
#5 ·
Thank you! My ST is Oxford White. I originally had the black Sparco Pro Corsas, which looked great but I felt like almost every other white car I've seen has black wheels. Black and white has always been a good contrast but I just wanted to change it up a bit. Bronze wheels I find to be more common in the JDM scene. It is one of those neutral colors that will go well with light and dark colored cars, especially black! I ordered a set of black spline Gorilla lug nuts to compliment the wheels but Amazon dropped the ball on that one and had to reship the package so I'll just reuse the the chrome ones for now. I sound like an art snob...sorry, I was an art major ;)

#11 ·
So the install is complete! The ride is a whole lot smoother compared to stock but I'll probably stiffen the rebound just a bit for more spirited driving. The wheels just pops out in person. I had the bumper tabs shaved down as well as the tire made contact. Also going to have the both front fenders rolled up a bit just to be safe. So far the rears are fine. In all I couldn't be happier with the set-up. Thanks again to Chalon at PCA plus Jurrian and the rest of the guys at Modbargains for the install.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Wheel
Alloy wheel Tire Wheel Rim Automotive tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hatchback Alloy wheel

#16 ·
So just an update. Turned out that there are some rubbing with the front end set-up. I ended up calling Nate from Fat Stance based on his positive reviews on Yelp. His business is mobile based so he'll actually come to your place. He showed up within an hour of calling him. After inspecting the car, he said that there was no need to roll the metal fenders and that trimming the plastic fender well was the only thing needed. He even further adjusted the coilovers to even things out. After that, no more rub. Charged me only $50. Check him out!

#21 ·
Is it possible to take pics of what exactly he shaved from the plastic liner? Im having rubbing issues with my 16x7 et40 and 205/50/16 lowered with 1 finger gap. I shaved the bolt area that connects the fender and bumper as far as i could but didnt help much. I hate wheel gap and refuse to raise it lol. Had to add about 10mm extra preload but that threw off my turn in/handling.

#19 ·
I was told by Cobb that they currently use 215/35 tires wrapped over 18X8 Motegi MR119 for the Pat Tilman Fiesta ST. Originally they had 225/40 which caused a lot of rubbing. The only reason I strayed away from the 215/35 is because I heard the ride can be pretty rough plus it doesn't add a lot of protection in case you hit a big bump. I just finished adjusting the ride height so I have about half an inch of space in between the top of the tire to the edge of the fender. So far so good but I'll report back if it continues to rub.

#22 ·
At this point, I realized that lowering springs for oem wheels or aftermarket wheels that are similar to oem specs are not a cause for concern. Anything taller and/or wider will most definitely benefit with the adjustability of coilovers and modifying of fenders/fender wells. I actually have 215/40 tires which is a happy medium between 215/35 and 225/40.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.