Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is on the back of a flat deck as we speak. Noticed a roughess to the engine, followed by check engine light and wrench. Then started running REALLY rough and then stalling. Started it back up, check engine light was still on and wrench was off. Wrench and stallin came back shortly. BLAH !

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mountune MP215 tune/ full intake & quick shift kit ( both registered with Ford Racing Warranty ) also have a Cobb CBE & RMM but they shouldn't come into play ?

·
Registered
754 Posts
I didn't have the mtune with me to check the code.
Darn. Would have liked to know how it worked. Any ideas why the car would have died? Running 87 octane? Low on oil? Just have me worried cuz I'm running the same stuff. Minus the Cobb exhaust...

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I always run 94 octane. Can't say I've checked the oil recently but no apparent leaks. These cars are t really oil burners either are they ? Had the short shift kit installed at the dealer last weekend. Hmmmm

·
Registered
754 Posts
I always run 94 octane. Can't say I've checked the oil recently but no apparent leaks. These cars are t really oil burners either are they ? Had the short shift kit installed at the dealer last weekend. Hmmmm
Hmm. I don't see the quick shift doing anything. Unless the dealer broke or bent something during the install. I know one member here had an issue with that.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fingers definitely crossed....they gave me a Fusion as loaner. The things the size of a tank compared to the FiST lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
I disconnected a total of six items (hoses and sensor connectors) when I installed the short shift kit. I took pictures as I was doing it to remind myself what to reconnect.

Maybe something was not reinstalled properly ??

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I disconnected a total of six items (hoses and sensor connectors) when I installed the short shift kit. I took pictures as I was doing it to remind myself what to reconnect.

That's what I'm betting on at this point

·
Registered
90 Posts

This is it probably. They way you describe what's happening it sounds like a vacuum leak, based on my experience working on simple cars. Could be one of those new-fangled sensors not fully plugged in.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Still in the shop....wrong sensor was shipped to them. In the mean time still driving the loaner Fusion. Not my kind of car, but well put together, and a bit of a looker;)

·
Registered
80 Posts
When Ford dealer installed my short shift they knocked off a vacuum line causing an error code...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
2 weeks since the sensor replacement, and car has been running great with no more error codes ( touch wood lol )
It was nice signing the work order with a "0" balance due with warranty coverage.
what kind of sensor did you throw at it I have the same problem with my car

1 - 20 of 20 Posts