Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back I decided on getting black wheels for my Fiesta, however, it's becoming quite the norm among Fiesta owners.

I'm humoring the idea of a coloured wheel, though I'm not entirely sure how I feel about them.

What do you guys think? Does this seems stupid and childish?

I got the idea from the ICE 9 FiST

·
Registered
533 Posts
I like my matte black 16x7 Rota slipstreams. I might repaint my stock wheels.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like black rims, don't get me wrong, I was just curious to see what colour would look like, but I don't know how I feel, not sure if I like it or not ...

·
Registered
371 Posts
I'm all about doing what you like, but green on a red car is a bit too seasonal...

Sent via poles, wires and telegraph 2.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm all about doing what you like, but green on a red car is a bit too seasonal...

It's the only colour that goes well without clashing super hard!

Reactions: Smokin

·
Registered
371 Posts
I still prefer black, but matte red might look pretty cool. I dig the monochromes...

·
Registered
286 Posts
If I were to change the color or my wheels I would just have them powdercoated flat grey or black, colors may be in vogue right now but my preference is something more functional looking. I may go with a set of Rota wheels when I begin autocrossing, and use the stock wheels for snow tires. But if I were to do that, both sets of wheels would be flt black.

·
Registered
112 Posts
A while back I decided on getting black wheels for my Fiesta, however, it's becoming quite the norm among Fiesta owners.

I'm humoring the idea of a coloured wheel, though I'm not entirely sure how I feel about them.

I got the idea from the ICE 9 FiST

I love colored wheels, but green on red isn't my favorite combo.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
350 Posts

Not childish, but colored wheels are a fad, or thing of the day. I tend to think long term, like what will it look like it 10 years. Many don't seem to plan to keep their cars that long, but I expect this to be the last new car I buy.

·
Registered
438 Posts
If you like it, do it. Enjoy your car however you want. It's not permanent.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Kinda reminds me of Halloween candy :)

My buddy with a Genesis changed his wheel color monthly using Plastidip. Copper, black, yellow...
BTW, you don't have to mask off the tires. It rubs right off....

Personally, I like the 1/4 pie cut contrasting paint. I plan on doing that in Orange with the matte gray Sparcos...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It definitely looks a lot better with more green and less orange/red ...

Reactions: SpaceFish
1 - 20 of 41 Posts