Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

Considering Cobb Accessport for my FiST

13K views 31 replies 20 participants last post by  Firesail 
#1 ·
I'm thinking of purchasing a accessport from rallysportdirect as it's on sale. However, when I went to the Cobb's website, the gain for stage 1 wasn't all that impressive. I know there are a few people who owns the Accessport and I'm trying to see if that extra $500 is worth it.

Please chime in!

#3 ·
The torque increase througout the rev range is impressive. I don't think there is a better bang for the buck mod you can do.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Yep, torque truncation turned off is a huge plus and you really feel the +30lb/ft of torque. Not to mention my highway fuel economy actually improved running Stage I 91.

You can see my review of the AccessPort here:
blog.modbargains.com/expert-review-cobb-ap-v3-for-fiesta-st/

#12 · (Edited)
Installed mine today... Running the 91 map, fattens up the mid-range torque, very impressed so far.

#13 ·
Purchased and installed the Cobb Stage 1 (Accessport + Filter). I couldn't believe how much smaller the new filter was in comparison to the old.

Took her for a test drive last night. Holy crap sooooo much fun. The added speed in 1st and 2nd is awesome. Great investment!

Any news on when Stage 2 might be released for the FiST?

#16 ·
Question: Those of you with the Cobb, what does it do to the 6500 rpm rev limiter on OEM?

Is there a rev limit/max rev with the Stage 1 91 or 93? Curious as to what will happen at 6500 in second on an autocross course...
On my OEM it goes WHOA there boy!!!

#17 ·
7k rpm rev limit with the AP I have yet to find it and I have been watching.. Much better than stock as I hit the rev limiter on the way out of the dealer the day I picked up my car LOL I was looking sharp there too :)

#20 ·
Finally got mine (used from another fiesta forum member). Installed quick. Haven't really noticed a night and day diff. However I seem to have to shift out of first/second sooner as the revs climb up quicker. stage 1 91oct, stock filter. I only have 1100miles on my car so far so time will tell after it relearns.

#30 ·
When will people realize that peak hp dyno queen bragging #s aren't the be all end all factor in performance.
We have a very light car. +25 tq for is is probably closer to +35 or +40 in a fost
Our peak tq jumps 25 or so with just a stg1 flash and a panel filter. That's quite boss.
Our intercooler is a bottleneck on the gains above 4k+ or so, as the dyno curves mate back up again around there
The stage 1 with a filter does many things other than just peak increases...
-low end peak tq is higher
-peak tq comes on sooner and stays longer
-throttle response is snappier
-tq limit removed in 1st and 2nd (probably the biggest change)

Once you pop an intake and fmic on, you see gains accross the entire band, not just before 4k or so
I think you should check out the stock, stg1, stg2 dynos that "the smoking tire did" before you discount any stg1 and stg2 gains

Also, going back to peak #s, a 2012+ civic si can use the rbc intake manifold from a 06-11 si engine to gain 10-12whp peak... above 6700rpm... below 5k you lose hp and tq and the car winds up being slower in a race even though it's peak dyno is higher...

Useable power trumps peak dyno power every day

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.