Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Killing time waiting for FedEx to show up with a few parts so I could build the 3" DP and start the 3" exhaust build got bored, dug into my old parts bin and found enough stuff to cut and weld a mandrel bend pipe to replace the multiple section factory pieces.

Any imperfections are from glare, this turned our really nice:)

There is a line around the tubing just in front of the axle, that is a superbly done TIG weld I did not want to go over so just painted that area.

There is a hump rolled into the ends which prevents the hose from coming off under boost.

For now the inlet side is just slide up over the stock 1.5" rubber coupler, not driveable that way, I have a 1.5 - 2" reducing coupler on the way.

I plan to upgrade the turbo so would want this part later on so just made it now, I need a 1.5 to 2.0" silicone reducer to hook it up.

I have built complete turbo systems, manifold to exhaust tip, IC piping, etc so this was just for fun. It was more work that expected as it was in 5 sections and I match parts up really well then after welding each section smooth it out and prep for paint on the outside and deburr the inside so it flows really well for being multiple pieces.

I already had done the doughnut delete so I might sell that mod if anybody is interested, just removed doughnut and used a good hose, looks great, easy to install, now at least.

In my quest to save every oz I can, the doughnut delete delete did not save much, around 4 oz it seems, this added 2 oz back so just 2 oz lighter than stock but looks a hell of a lot better and flows better of course but not much to gain until I install a bigger turbo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.