Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, 5 weeks ago, I brought my fiST into the local dealership for a whine, that after reading the forums I swore was coming from the trans. The service tech told me it was my cold air intake, went home that night, put the oem back on, had him ride with me again, and then he agreed it was the trans. Told me to bring it in the following week. Fast forward 2 weeks, called to check in and was told my tech had been out on vacation and they just ordered the transmission, now a week later and I was told today the new transmission has been put in, but now, the turbo has started making noises when they did the second test run. For anybody who has gone through this or know somebody who has, is it common for it to take this long? And is the turbo having issues afterwards common? That I haven't seen yet. I'm just frustrated now. I want the car that I'm paying for back, but I want it fixed. I feel like my hands are tied and I can't do anything.

· Registered
115 Posts
If it sits at the repair facility for 30 days or more and the repair is not completely finished yet (aka you cannot come and get your car in a fixed condition after at least 30 days), lemon law it and get a brand new FiST

· Registered
115 Posts
Copied directly from DMV:
When Is a California Vehicle a "Lemon"?
In California, a vehicle is presumed to be a “lemon" by the Song-Beverly Consumer Warranty Act if, within 18 months of the vehicle's delivery to the buyer (or 18,000 miles on the odometer):

• 2 attempts or more have been made by the manufacturer to repair a warranty problem that could result in death or serious injury.
  • The manufacturer has attempted to repair the same warranty problem at least 4 times.
  • The car has been out of service for 30 days or more for repair to warranty problems.
  • Problems to the vehicle are not the result of abuse by the owner.

· Registered
115 Posts
Very bottom maybe? :(

Lemon Law Protection in South Carolina
Your new vehicle may be covered under the lemon law in South Carolina if all of the following apply:

• It does not conform to the manufacturer's warranty within the first:
    • 12 months of your purchase.
      OR
    • 12,000 miles of operation.
  • The defect puts the vehicle out of service or lowers its market value.
  • The manufacturer is unable to fix the vehicle in a timely fashion.
    • The law stipulates the manufacturer must be given at least 3 attempts or 30 days to resolve the defect.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The service agent text me around 12:30 today to inform me the turbo was making noises, I've just text her back asking for an update. If it needs to stay in longer I'm definitely looking into this.

· Registered
115 Posts
Well regardless (I think) it has put the vehicle out of service, and it seems that turbo noise was followed by a transmission issue, which still makes a warranty repair/manufacturing defect. I think if it's not out by Wednesday trying getting it lemon law won't hurt, I'd try

· Registered
115 Posts
Well if they ordered a turbo it's for sure a malfunctioned one, so if the car is not done by Wednesday you have now a pretty solid chance, good luck:thumbsup:

· Registered
3 Posts
I would recommend working with the dealer as long as possible, if they are truly trying to fix your issue(s). If it goes anything like my experience it will be an even bigger hassle. I have used the lemon law on one vehicle (2005 Mazda RX8) and the minute you mention "lemon law" they will likely stop talking to you as it becomes a legal matter, any questions they will refer to their legal department, that department will never get back to you or they will keep giving you the run-around until you hire an attorney and get him involved. Then you will find that your are bound by the paperwork you signed to enter arbitration. They will then use any info they can find online against you. In my case they found multiple records of times posted on a forum from local AutoX events I had participated in as well as a review of brake pads, SS brake lines and wheels/tires I had posted reviews of. In the end I ended up getting a check from them and traded the car in on another vehicle after several months of back-and-forth. All that hassle and my car had major issues (would randomly shut off when driving, dealership changed fuel pump and replaced engine multiple times as well as ecu and multiple wiring harnesses) car was in the shop almost 100 days (all "separate repairs l" of ~10-15 days each) over the first 6months/5k miles.

Bottom line, try to work with the dealer and only use the lemon law if you have a major issue(s) they can not resolve.

Good luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.