Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyone looking forward to the most? I'm hoping for a short shifter kit and maybe an intake kit. Some more wheels could be nice too, assuming they are fairly lightweight (the stock ones are not).

·
Registered
721 Posts
I find the stock wheels/tires to be very lightweight. I need to weigh them gainst my 17" Axis wheels at some point. The part that the ST needs badly is a shorter shifter. The stock one is the typical telephone pole connected to jello.

·
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is good to know, I was assuming they weren't since the Focus ST ones are pretty heavy.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I am planning on putting my Axis wheels on the ST next week for some photos, so I will weigh the factory wheels and my Axis wheels. I am sure the OE ones will be lighter. I was shocked at how light the 2011 Fiesta 16" wheels were compared to my 16" winter wheels that came from a MkI Focus. I will post some weights if I get time to put on my Axis wheels next week.

·
Registered
422 Posts
The Fiesta ST supplement list the OE wheels weight as 22.5 lb.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The part that the ST needs badly is a shorter shifter. The stock one is the typical telephone pole connected to jello.
Is a short shifter really going to eliminate the jello feeling? Sure it will increase effort and shorten the throw which is all for the better but you are still dealing with a cable linkage thanks to FWD. I would be surprised if you can get it to feel anything near as solid and mechanical as a Miata or BRZ.

·
Registered
94 Posts
If Mountune cannot get their upgrade Euro kit set up here as a Ford install the way it's done in the UK, then I hope FR will do one so it's warrantied. Want to get that power deficit addressed and hear that wastegate!

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Had a B&M shifter in my old RSX cable shift FWD it made a big diff in the feel was it Miata of Civic Si feel not exactly but it helped a TON

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I would like to see what FRPP does for a Short Shifter and Wheels

Dave

·
Registered
36 Posts
FRPP usually charges an arm and a leg for their parts. Often times they just rebrand performance parts from other companies and you can get them cheaper from the original manufacturer.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I just heard a rumor that Mountune, Eibach, and Borla, will be supplying parts to FRPP for the Fiesta ST.
I can't say who, but this person is rumored to work for FRPP and was visiting a busy install shop I was at.

Dave

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Do frpp parts preserve warranty?
I personally have never had any problems.
FRPP item usually come with their own warranty.
The only way any aftermarket part can legally effect any warranty is if that part was proved to cause the problem.
Simply put, an aftermarket gas cap can not void the warranty on the cooling system, however an aftermarket radiator cap could if it was proved to be the cause of the problem.

Dave

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Short Shifter after driving a PB dealer unit today... But will wait and see what comes over the winter months :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Short Shifter after driving a PB dealer unit today... But will wait and see what comes over the winter months :)
Wait until you drive it for a week. I personally think 1st should be closer to 2nd, ratio-wise. Similarly, , 5th would be better slightly closer to 4th, reserving 6th for a super-overdrive gear. 2nd to 3rd gear change isn't bad but 4th to 5th is truck-like. 1-2 shift comes up really quick too which can be a pain at busy, city intersections.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts