Registered
1,459 Posts
I got all my other toys.
I am still looking for wheels however.

Dave

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm surprised that people are knocking the shift feel of the Fiesta ST. I've had several manual transmission cars including the one critics agree is about the best manual ever fitted to a street car (the S2000) and I find the Fiesta ST shifter to be great. The throw is a bit long, but the engagement is very positive.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm surprised that people are knocking the shift feel of the Fiesta ST. I've had several manual transmission cars including the one critics agree is about the best manual ever fitted to a street car (the S2000) and I find the Fiesta ST shifter to be great. The throw is a bit long, but the engagement is very positive.
Yeah, I don't have a problem with it at all (also have driven many manuals). 1-4 don't seem overly long and there is a bit of a stretch for 4-5-6 which is just fine since it's not like I'm going to be aggressively shifting that pattern anyway. Shifter seems to have just about the right balance of smoothness and notchy engagement. Compared to my current cars it's a bit less notchy than the NA miata and a bit more positive than the GTI (with are both decent shifters as well).

·
Registered
944 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
I just had my car on a lift and I have to say the stock exhaust was nicely bent, none of those crimped bends that cut the I.D. in half.

I doubt the exhaust will be suddenly "uncorked" by a cat-back except for sound levels maybe.

Its not like the old days when a Mustang GT had a fake dual exhaust that narrowed to just a little bigger than 1" I.D. and 2.25" true duals were a huge upgrade.

I don't know if anyone is going to do this, but a muffler swap might be just as good as a cat-back for sound and it should be cheaper.

·
Registered
59 Posts
one wonders if this would bolt up to tranny and fit in the engine compartment..
its 2.0l ecoboost crate motor from ford racing.
  • 252 Horsepower @ 5,500 RPM
  • 270 lb. ft. of torque @ 3,000 RPM
  • All-aluminum construction - about 55 pounds lighter than a comparable naturally aspirated V6 engine
  • 10.0:1 compression ratio – Premium fuel recommended
  • Ti-VCT Strategy Employs twin independent variable camshaft timing for optimized fuel economy, performance and emissions
  • Borg-Warner Turbocharger with low-inertia rotor spins at speeds up to 195,000 rpm, producing up to 16 psi of boost
    • Optimized design ensures that maximum torque is achieved at very low engine revs
    • Peak torque available from 2,000 to 4,500 rpm
  • Direct-Injection high-pressure fuel system
    • Seven jets on each injector spray fuel directly into the combustion chamber
  • Engine design has been optimized for maximum operating efficiency, with a focus on minimizing friction and other parasitic losses
    • Low-friction coatings on the piston rings and highly polished surfaces on the tappets
  • Engine Kit Includes:
    • Starter
    • Alternator
    • Front accessory drive and belt
    • Intercooler and air intake ducting
    • Air Cleaner Assembly
    • Manual Transmission flexplate/flywheel

·
Registered
80 Posts
Ford Racing calibration and intake for the FiST. Warrantied Horse Power :woot::woot:

·
Registered
128 Posts
21 - 40 of 51 Posts