Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
yep, we offer that Borla exhaust at ModBargains. I'd love to hear what one actually sounds like installed on a car, but like you said - the system doesn't look like it'll be crazily improved by going bigger... that's why I'm leaning towards catted downpipe + stock exhaust

·
Registered
274 Posts
what i'm saying is I don't really think they need to be a whole lot larger if at all; eg, the cat-back is not really a major point of restriction

·
Registered
152 Posts
FWIW I come from the less-than-popular Honda scene of building D16 motors. At least on those for the boosted 1.6L guys a 2.5in cat-back is generally adequate. Not until much higher horsepower is a 3 inch generally used.

·
Registered
274 Posts
what really surprised me is how different a Turbo Fit is relative to the Fiesta ST; in philosophy they're pretty close yet the Fit falls short.

I've got a couple friends in the Purist group that have turbo fits.

·
Registered
152 Posts
what really surprised me is how different a Turbo Fit is relative to the Fiesta ST; in philosophy they're pretty close yet the Fit falls short.

I've got a couple friends in the Purist group that have turbo fits.
Well they are SOHC which affects the effectiveness of the variable valve timing, and they come NA so their cams are not optimized for boost and the bore on the L15s is only a puny 73mm vs the Fiesta ST's (still small) 79mm. That should explain the difference beyond the 1.5L turbo vs a 1.6L turbo

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I had issues with the FRPP/Borla exhaust on my '11 Fiesta.
I am waiting to see/hear what mountune brings to the table.

Dave

·
Registered
438 Posts
I had issues with the FRPP/Borla exhaust on my '11 Fiesta.
I am waiting to see/hear what mountune brings to the table.

Dave
Could you elaborate in the issues you had?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Could you elaborate in the issues you had?
Let's be clear, this was a pre-ST.
The exhaust made a very loud howling sound at WOT.
There were others that the same problems.
Borla replaced the systems.

Dave

·
Registered
438 Posts
Sounds like a design issue, not build quality. Good to know

·
Registered
581 Posts
Loved the sound of the Borla on my GTI but I am ordering FSWERKS for the ST......

41 - 51 of 51 Posts