Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

had fun with WRX on way to work...

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  ted lorendo 
#1 ·
as I sit now I am Cobb stage 2. (Panel filter intake, Cobb fmic w/piping, and Cobb cat Back, Accessport ots map)

as I was rolling into work at 3 a.m. A familiar sight rolled into my rearview mirror. Coming from driving an STI I know what to look for. The 2011 to 2013 body style WRX pulled up next to me. We were going at about 50 miles an hour and we did a quick pull. The WRX jumped But I stayed right with him. I backed off cuz my ex it was coming up. I noticed the WX did not have an exhaust on it but did have mud flaps and wheels done. Either way I know you saw the cop sticker knew I had something going on underneath the hood. I'm just hoping there's a little bit more respect out there for the Fiesta ST. Any of you guys had some similar stories? Chime in. I give a lot of respect to STI WRX owners because I used to have one. I was just curious to see what the little fist could do.

#3 ·
Got a dude in a Civic Si who must be getting pretty used to getting owned. We run into each other at the end of an off ramp two or three times a month. Unless traffic gets in the way, I'm usually past him by the time I hit 3rd. He still tries every time though, so I respect that. He'll be heartbroken when I start modding the ST in the spring.

#5 ·
Have no idea what year, but he's been in that car for a couple of years messing with just about anyone who lines up next to him. He usually keeps pace with you to prevent you from changing lanes (a lot people are just trying to make it to work on time). Felt it was my "civic" duty to teach him some lessons.

#7 ·
Funny you should say that...he's actually a few years older than me, or prematurely gray. Have you noticed some people seem to get irked when you pass them? I think most people have no idea what that car can do, so when this little hatch flies by them, they get offended. But this is the only dude I ever mess with. I've occasionally had some people come after me if I go by them, but if they're getting crazy I just let them by. I wouldn't want anyone to get hurt. It is fun being able to keep up with cars that by looks you should have no business running with, though.
I read all the reviews before test driving the FiST, but didn't believe them. But when I test drove mine, another FiST owner at the dealer arranged for me to take it on a race track (the dealer had one on site). I was sold after that. I suppose if you're not interested in hatches, this car isn't even on your radar. What got you interested in your car?

#8 ·
I suppose if you're not interested in hatches, this car isn't even on your radar. What got you interested in your car?
I'm taking this as a general question and answering for myself. I first saw this generation of Fiesta at the Porltand Auto Show in 2009. I saw the Mazda 2 first and thought "what perfect size". I loved it. around the floor was a Fiesta and I did a double take. Same frame, different details, but I thought "hmmm". When the reviews came in that said what an excellent platform it was. I decided that I would have one someday after my kids were done with college, and I could afford one. Fast forward a couple of years and rumor of an SVT version surfaced. I thought "Hmmmmm" and decided I could wait for the hot version. Fast foward a couple more years.. In March the ST was announced. In May my son graduated. In June I was able to test drive one. In September I got my chance to test the Recaro seats... ... I ordered one then and there. .. The reviews started coming in.. ... In January my car arrived and it's been a party ever since.

#9 ·
I had some pretty basic criteria for what I wanted. I wanted a stick (my favorite car to drive since college had been my orange Pontiac Vibee GT), had to be under 30k, and nothing American. I had until then primarily gone with GM cars, but my wife is strictly Acura/Honda, and she never had the issues with her car that I always had. I had a list of potential targets: a couple of Subarus, a Fiat, a Hyundai, the Mazda 3, but no Fords or GMs. Then I went on vacation, and when I got back home, in my huge stack of mail, there was my Car and Driver magazine. The cover story was "The 30 Best Cars under 30k." I couldn't believe how much they raved about the Fiesta ST, so I started looking into them. It became apparent that it was a contender, and after the test drive, even my wife was convinced. I bought it that evening...didn't even bother test driving anything else.

#10 ·
Yeah I have a feeling I would have a hard time keeping up with a modded Wrx and Sti but civics...I think that could be a fun run. I plan on doing my downpipe after first oil change. I absolutely love this car. Handles amazing, great gas mileage. (Averaging 31mpg) if you asked me how to describe my car in one word it would be hilarious.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.