Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

How hard is it to find a FiST with...

4K views 32 replies 11 participants last post by  Kevin Miner 
#1 ·
Only Recaros and Rado Wheel option? Been looking and calling all over and cannot find these options without the nav and moonroof. Dont wanna result to custom order cause of my trade in devaluing by the time it arrives. Ugh...the stress.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Your trade won't de value if you have signed the deal then wait for it to arrive. I signed my deal with a trade and the car came 3 months later and with 7000km more on the car. But the deal was signed so they had to honor it. If the dealer is worried about that then they might give you a loaner car and take your car. I think someone here did that.

Of course you always run the risk of wrecking your car while waiting for the new car to arrive... Then the deal won't go over so well anymore.

#4 ·
I think pretty much all the dealer ordered first batch of cars have moonroofs, and a good portion have nav. I did a search around about a 200 mile radius of me to see what was in stock at dealers and I couldn't find a single ST without a moonroof. I guess they are a popular option now or they wouldn't order so many of them. The car I test drove that my local dealer ordered was molten orange, moonroof, grey wheels, nav, and orange Recaros. If I was looking to buy from a dealer at that moment, even though I'd rather not pay for the grey wheels (though I wouldn't mind them), and I prefer the grey Recaros but I could live with the orange, the moonroof was the only thing I absolutely didn't want and it would kill that deal for me. So for that you'd pretty much have to special order because a moonroof to non moonroof swap isn't so simple. :p I dislike moonroofs not because I don't like them when they work, but they are terrible when they don't. And when they do stop working it's not closed, it's stuck open. Plus the rear headroom is terrible with the moonroof.

You can wait around for a dealer to come up with a car without a moonroof close to what you want, or just go ahead and order exactly what you want and know when it's going to come in...well almost, better than waiting on a dealer to have a non moonroof car.

#5 ·
Most stock cars will probably come pretty much loaded to the hilt. Especially on pricey performance versions of a vehicle. It's very possible that someone will eventually order one sans moonroof, and back out.. or have their financing fall through. But that's investing a lot of faith in a theoretical possibility....

You don't have to lose value in your trade in, but you do have to have the contract worded the right way for this is true in your case.

In some cases, the deal might specify that your trade in is worth X amount of dollars right now, but that they will give you a "current" fair market value at the time that you actually trade in when your car arrives. So they can offer you something nice now, and then turn around and low ball you come delivery... So that you back out, and they sell your car for even more... Or they sucker you into paying more... Either way, they make more money and score a car they would not have had allocated otherwise.

Or, you can have it worded so that you have agreed on a predetermined value, which is not subject to change regardless of when your car arrives (some may specify that this remains true "so long as the car is still in good condition and the additional mileage is within reason"). Again, this all depends on the wording in the agreement.

Personally, I had my dealer take my trade in right away and got a loaner vehicle. Because I didn't want to A) deal with depreciation and get offered less at delivery date, And B) I have horrible luck, I didn't want to somehow damage/ruin my trade in while I waited. I also had fully detailed it for having it appraised and didn't want to do that again later. Not to mention I would have driven it into the next service period and would have needed to fork out a big chunk of change for that. And... C) I didn't want to pay the gas bill on that thing any more for daily driving. A large factor in why I sold it in the first place.... I am paying a third the amount in the loaner vehicle.. And am not paying for insurance. Saving $ while I wait.

Anyway, my point was just that... you can trade in and not suffer depreciation. But you need it to say as much, in writing.

#7 ·
They are out there, I guess it mostly depends on your area.
I posted in another thread that my dealer has 21 of them listed.
I just drove by another local dealer last night and they have 4 sitting on the front line.

Dave

#10 ·
Blues are super rare in the Southeast, I was hoping for blue or red. After letting my dealer search for 3 weeks, I caved and went with black. I didn't like the recaros and wouldn't accept a sunroof, so my choices were slim. Still, I'm glad to be one of the early adopters to have an ST.

#11 ·
I got the best price on a white base with wheel option but i dont like white....on a small car like this whiye makes the st look like a girls car...no offense to people who own white but its just the way I feel abot red also.

#12 ·
I got the best price on a white base with wheel option but i dont like white....on a small car like this whiye makes the st look like a girls car...no offense to people who own white but its just the way I feel abot red also.

I don't like the white at all, I am a girl and I think it's extremely ugly lol. I've never liked white cars. Don't settle for something that you're not happy with. The one you're looking for will come along. I found the exact car I wanted and I went to the Ford 45 minutes from me because no local Ford's had it.

#15 ·
Just came froma dealer that had zero FiSTs but looked in his magic computer and found a PB with smoke recaros and grey wheels at another dealer which he didnt want to expose...i can understand that...heard him call to confirm availability and sure enough it was. He says can have the car delivered tje next day or two the latest. Now problem is since hes getting car from another dealer he cant go below msrp. So my total for car alone $24,565. Taxes, fees, and bank balance from trade in equals to $26,726.39. $445.44 0% 60Mo. Or I can do first 36Mo $378 next 30Mo $436 avg. So what you guys think?

#16 ·
Just came froma dealer that had zero FiSTs but looked in his magic computer and found a PB with smoke recaros and grey wheels at another dealer which he didnt want to expose...i can understand that...heard him call to confirm availability and sure enough it was. He says can have the car delivered tje next day or two the latest. Now problem is since hes getting car from another dealer he cant go below msrp. So my total for car alone $24,565. Taxes, fees, and bank balance from trade in equals to $26,726.39. $445.44 0% 60Mo. Or I can do first 36Mo $378 next 30Mo $436 avg. So what you guys think?

Ultimately it's your money.
Personally, I suggest that you search all local dealer inventory's online yourself and find it yourself... It's not that hard... Google a list of all local dealerships and check their inventory, or you can use the Ford dealer locator to get nearby dealerships then just check their inventories. Get a deal. Have done this for several cars and pretty much found most of the cars available country wide. Was able to track down vehicles in warehouses this way too.. the ones the dealers don't show on the lot still show up in inventory, as well as those in transit.

"Has to do MSRP" ... It costs 500ish to have the car delivered (It was going to cost me, 800 to send a car from the eastern most part of the country, to the western most...) and add on whatever he has to pay the other dealer... But with holdbacks and such he's making you pay a fair chunk while forcing you to go through him.

He's not doing it out of generosity that's for sure. But I understand him not disclosing the location to you too. It doesn't serve him at all to do so.
Where are you located? Given the time he said he could have the car, that tells you it's nearby. (If not in his own dealerships warehouse or sister dealership).

I dunno, I am all about doing a little extra leg work to save a few grand. And I'm a little more patient this time around. Paying MSRP for my first new car didn't feel good.

The plus side, is you get what you want , without the trouble of tracking it down and haggling. At least you aren't paying OVER msrp.
I was determined to do well financially on my purchase this time around though.. so I would probably be stubborn myself and wait it out.

Now that you know one is out there with your spec's it shouldn't be too hard to track it down.

#18 ·
Been checkin fords website and typing in several zip codes cause it only shows about 5 dealerships at a time nearest to zip and not luck tracking it. Im definately not gonna oder with that dealer especially if someone is gonna drive it to his location. i dont want anyone driving my car without supervision.

#19 ·
yeah if they cheap out and have someone drive it... rock chips and touch up paint..

wouldn't cost too much to have them flat bed it.

I have been checking the ford site, im getting more dealership results per search... like 10-15 but I've searched a LOT of inventory and yet to see a blue one... I'll let you know if I do find it :p

I am surprised to see how many Green ST's are available though... Green/Orange/Black are the easiest to find out that way.

#21 ·
I don't know if it will help, but get on Google Maps and search for Ford Dealerships when zoomed in around your area. You should be able to click on them and get to their website from there. Then check their inventory on their own site. It might be more tedious, but at the same time I think it's easier than Ford's search tool and you can be sure you've checked the inventory of every dealer that pops up. Autotrader is another way to search. Not every dealer lists cars up so it's not as thorough, but it's quick and you might get lucky.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.