Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does the rest of the internet concur? Anyone have any first hand experience with this? Admittedly what I am primarily interested in is
a "rich, deep induction note that reflects performance."

·
Registered
754 Posts
Does the rest of the internet concur? Anyone have any first hand experience with this? Admittedly what I am primarily interested in is
The car already sounds really good stock. I would like to get the montune kit as well but I'm going to hold off and see what others like Cobb come up with and their cost. Who knows, maybe with more competition on the market the montune intake will drop in price in a year or so? Or at least go on sale?

·
Registered
908 Posts
It depends on how your tune is done.

You make the most power running fairly lean with aggressive ignition advance which happens to be the operational area right next to detonation.

You can also change the amount of cylinder filling with the TiVCT and more air means more fuel burned so when I see a huge bump in low end torque I worry that fuel economy could take a hit.

You could probably make a tune that really maximizes your economy but it would probably gut the midrange.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Will you hear the turbo more or just a deeper note? I wish somebody could post a video like fsworks did.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Will you hear the turbo more or just a deeper note? .
You will not hear any increase in intake noise with the mountune air box as the additional air inlet is directed to the bottom of the car to get cooler air.

If anything your mpg should increase. The only reason it would go down is because your new found power would cause you to put your foot into it more.
Anyone that bought an ST for the fuel economy is lying.
The car can NOT run any leaner as ALL of the air is measured and then the fuel is controlled by the ECU.
So the only way you will change the MPG with just the CAI is how you drive the car.
Now if you change the fuel MAP, you can run either more rich or lean.

Dave

·
Registered
366 Posts
I bought the ST for Fuel economy...

I am coming from a DD that got 11 MPG. In fact the increase in MPG is one of the sole motivators in the move. lol

Reactions: LotusZX3

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I bought the ST for Fuel economy...

I am coming from a DD that got 11 MPG. In fact the increase in MPG is one of the sole motivators in the move. lol
:eek: Ok, I stand corrected, I am sure that fuel that could be part of the equation.:)

Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts