Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok we now have our mountune Alcon brakes in stock in the USA. These are so new we have not listed them on the USA website yet.
Produced exclusively for Mountune by leading brake, Alcon.

Regular retail is $2200.00
Fiesta.net price is $1900.00 shipped in the USA.
The Mountune 4-pot brake upgrade for the mk7 Fiesta ST delivers breathtaking performance with all the quality you'd expect from a Mountune product - while saving more than 3kg per axle over the OE setup.

• Fits behind most aftermarket 17"+ wheels with at least an ET45 offset
• Fits behind mountune OZ Alleggerita HLT ET45 without spacers.
• O.E. wheels require a 15mm spacer.

The kit features:

• 4-pot caliper made from aerospace grade aluminium alloy
• Colour-matched 'ST' red finish
• 318mm vented discs
• Ferodo DS Performance pad
• Goodridge braided brake lines
• Dot 5.1 brake fluid
• All required mounting brackets and hardware

b299_stred_4pot.jpg
b299st_redcal.jpg

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Speaking of "just in..."

I have the brand spankin' new Mountune SS IC hard pipe!

Spec-wise, it's a mm or two bigger ID than the stock pipe and has a very smooth mandrel bend. It's constructed entirely out of stainless steel and nicely polished. This part features a name plate with serial #!

This is a very nice addition to the Mountune FMIC. I'll go ahead and conservatively estimate HP gains at 50WHP! ;)

Okay, even if I don't make any more power, I'm happy about the decreased pressure drop. This in conjunction with the more efficient design of the Mountune fin-and-tube FMIC is a pretty big difference. I can't wait until we can actually tune this thing! :)
mountune_IC_pipe.jpg

Edit: attach actual photograph!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Speaking of "just in..."

I have the brand spankin' new Mountune SS IC hard pipe!

Spec-wise, it's a mm or two bigger ID than the stock pipe and has a very smooth mandrel bend. It's constructed entirely out of stainless steel and nicely polished. This part features a name plate with serial #!

This is a very nice addition to the Mountune FMIC. I'll go ahead and conservatively estimate HP gains at 50WHP! ;)

Okay, even if I don't make any more power, I'm happy about the decreased pressure drop. This in conjunction with the more efficient design of the Mountune fin-and-tube FMIC is a pretty big difference. I can't wait until we can actually tune this thing! :)
View attachment 918

Edit: attach actual photograph!
Pardon my lack of knowledge but... What is this and where does it go? I like shiny things...

·
Registered
274 Posts
Pardon my lack of knowledge but... What is this and where does it go? I like shiny things...
look underneath the car at the IC pipes. there's one with a donut looking piece in the middle of it directly on the bottom closest to the ground

it's the pipe with that stupid flow-reducing baffle donut

·
Registered
754 Posts
look underneath the car at the IC pipes. there's one with a donut looking piece in the middle of it directly on the bottom closest to the ground

it's the pipe with that stupid flow-reducing baffle donut
Thanks. I'll have to take a look in the morning, unless someone can post a pic... I'm assuming this is some sort of prototype? There's nothing on mountunes site.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Thanks. I'll have to take a look in the morning, unless someone can post a pic... I'm assuming this is some sort of prototype? There's nothing on mountunes site.
It's a test fit to ensure it works well on our USDM cars.

I'm looking forward to removing the baffle -- that thing is there just to make it quieter!

·
Registered
754 Posts
So is it the thing on the left there? (Photo courtesy of rally sport direct...obviously)

Sorry Ken totally took over the thread.... But at least it's still a mountune part!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
So is it the thing on the left there? (Photo courtesy of rally sport direct...obviously)

Sorry Ken totally took over the thread.... But at least it's still a mountune part!
If you do a search, you'll see that Wash and others commented on this part a while back (turned into a conversation about silicone tubes and related cars like the Veloster that use a similar setup). Good photo there, too.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Is it just me, or is 15mm a pretty thick wheel spacer? Are the stock wheel studs even long enough for that?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
This new IC pipe fits our USDM car perfectly. For street driving there isn't much sound difference. I suppose the real test is this Saturday at Big Willow.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts