Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I skimmed over most of the threads, unless I literally did not read it right, I didn't think we had an answer on how wide of tire can fit in the wheel wells that won't rub.

I'm wondering because I'm hoping to fit some 225/45/17 Dunlop ZII's under my car and I'm not sure the 3/4 of an inch taller and wider tire would fit. Any input FiST community?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Once I get a car I'll have to see .. I have that exact size DZll in the garage on some 17-7 inch 5-100 rims so it may be a bit till I test fit them on my ford rims .

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm going to buy the Dz11 in 215/40/17 in a few weeks. Guy at TR said they are "approved" and shouldn't be a problem. He also said 225's are "approved" but I can't imagine they would fit with that wide of a section width. I measured slightly less than half in. from sidewall to strut.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I know... I can get them in a 215/40/17 that is not that much of a difference but... I want more grip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
I got a set of 215/40-17s Dunlop Direzza D2s on the way for my 17x7.5 wheels. I've heard they are noticeably stickier than the stock tires. Lets hope so because I already have a serious traction issue in 1st and 2nd gears. LOL :meh:

Reactions: EvoNiner

·
Registered
581 Posts
Check with BRGT350's threads. I think he test fitted larger tires earlier this year.

BTW, it's not the strut clearance, it's the front and rear wheel well clearance that's the sticker...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Check with BRGT350's threads. I think he test fitted larger tires earlier this year.

BTW, it's not the strut clearance, it's the front and rear wheel well clearance that's the sticker...
What is the offset on your 7.5s?
Well, coming from an Evo w/ 275s I'm accustomed to rubbing at full lock-lol

·
Registered
249 Posts

What is the offset on your 7.5s?
Well, coming from an Evo w/ 275s I'm accustomed to rubbing at full lock-lol
Mine are 42 offset which is pretty near perfect for a 7.5" wide wheel for the FiST.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It will still be a huge difference. Z2s are so much stickier than the stock tires.
I was thinking RS3's because I love them on my evo, but I also have heard great things about the ZII's. The original star specs were great, but not near as sticky as the RS3's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
If you're an RS3 fan, check out the BFG Rival. It's quickly replacing the Hankook as the tire of choice in DOT-legal track circles. GRM did a comparison test in the last issue and the Rival was the clear victor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
149 Posts
If you're an RS3 fan, check out the BFG Rival. It's quickly replacing the Hankook as the tire of choice in DOT-legal track circles. GRM did a comparison test in the last issue and the Rival was the clear victor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
My brother has Rivals on his FoST. Lots of grip but they get greasy after 5-6 laps on the big track. He likes them better for autox!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts