Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

Lighting upgrades

21K views 49 replies 10 participants last post by  Ryan Owens 
#1 ·
I decided to do a bunch of lighting upgrades both inside and outside the car with Sylvania Silverstar products. The first step was the dome and map lights. As you can see from this pic, they are WAY brighter.

Attachments

See less See more
#32 ·
So do you agree that the high beams are an even bigger improvement than the low beams?
Yes

#37 ·
I need to double check, but I think I installed H9 Hella low beams and HIR1 Phillips Infra Red high beams in my 2011. I had to modify the tabs in the housing and the bulbs to get them to fit, but the performance out of the stock housings is amazing. I have played around with different bulbs (Silverstar, ect) but had not tried a different size until last year. It took an hour or so of work with some side cutters and a Dremel to get them to fit. I had to make a jumper harness to go from the bulbs to the factory wires. I plan on doing the same modification to the ST, along with some Hella 500s in the grille for winter.

#38 ·
I do a lot of modding of my cars, but it's almost exclusively bolt-on mods. I would have to draw the line at taking a Dremel to my headlight housing :) If I can get a year out of these bulbs I will be satisfied. If not, I will look at some HID kits.

#39 ·
I do a lot of modding of my cars, but it's almost exclusively bolt-on mods. I would have to draw the line at taking a Dremel to my headlight housing :) If I can get a year out of these bulbs I will be satisfied. If not, I will look at some HID kits.
It was some simple clearence issues and would not effect putting the stock bulbs back in. The issue may not be there on the new 2014+ headlights.

#43 ·
These are what I am running; (will check the box tonight to make sure)

http://www.rallylights.com/all/lights/light-bulbs.html?cat=2383 high beams
http://www.rallylights.com/hl78178-h9-12v-65w-xenon-bulb.html low beams

YES! someone else who buys from Rallylights.com :) I've been to their "store" several times as it's about 30 minutes away from here (Allentown). I have bought so much from them for my Jeep over the years. I was thinking about getting some of the dichroitic bulbs for the highs -for $7, I can afford to not like them, however, I usually find that's not the case with Hellas.

#49 ·
Just wanted to chime on interior lights. I did mine today using the DIY on our sister site. Only thing I have to add is when you pull down the front dome, if you have a sunroof, reach from the windshield side and pull the big "fuzzy" plug toward the windshield to give you more slack. I thought it would just pull down with the assembly and broke the little retainer that holds the black white and yellow wires.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.