Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts
I know, I am miffed too.
I am calling my dealer this morning to find a car with a Moonroof.
If I can't have a place to put my sunglasses I may as well have a hole to look through.

Dave

sounds like you enjoyed the car! As for the dual floor, it took some wiggling back and forth to get it to sit down properly. I don't know what keeps it up. Once wiggled into place, it sits on the top of the tire and is basically the same height as my 2011 floor. What sucks is the opening between the back seats and the floor part. I lose papers, small groceries, and who knows what else under the back seat. I will fix it by getting the rear floor parts out of a 2011-2013 car. Probably the center console as well.

As for the Titanium, much like the Focus Ti and ST, the ST gets less features to keep the cost down. As it is today, the internet is full of trolls who whine the ST is just too darn expensive. I call crap on that since the ST starting price is about the same as my 2011 Fiesta was. A ST3 option package with some of the Ti features would be nice for those of us who don't mind shelling out more coin on a small car. Self dimming mirror, HID head lamps, back-up camera, overhead storage, and the nicer handbrake handle from the EU car. I can live without those things, but if available, I would go for them. Oddly, I have fallen in love with the cloth Recaro seats and no longer want leather Recaro's. They hold me in better than leather, which is more important that looks.

I believe the Euro cars get heated windshields too, so there's another one for the wishlist.

Anyway... I'd probably pay $1000 for a self-dimming mirror/HID/overhead console/backup camera package. I'd probably even pay another $500-1000 for full leather Recaro's and the nicer e-brake handle. I agree that it's meant to be a cheap hot hatch, but the fact they don't even offer these as options sucks.

sounds like you enjoyed the car! As for the dual floor, it took some wiggling back and forth to get it to sit down properly. I don't know what keeps it up. Once wiggled into place, it sits on the top of the tire and is basically the same height as my 2011 floor. What sucks is the opening between the back seats and the floor part. I lose papers, small groceries, and who knows what else under the back seat. I will fix it by getting the rear floor parts out of a 2011-2013 car. Probably the center console as well.

As for the Titanium, much like the Focus Ti and ST, the ST gets less features to keep the cost down. As it is today, the internet is full of trolls who whine the ST is just too darn expensive. I call crap on that since the ST starting price is about the same as my 2011 Fiesta was. A ST3 option package with some of the Ti features would be nice for those of us who don't mind shelling out more coin on a small car. Self dimming mirror, HID head lamps, back-up camera, overhead storage, and the nicer handbrake handle from the EU car. I can live without those things, but if available, I would go for them. Oddly, I have fallen in love with the cloth Recaro seats and no longer want leather Recaro's. They hold me in better than leather, which is more important that looks.
I thought the only Recaro option it comes with is partial leather? The standard cloth seats aren't Recaro are they?

Discussion starter · #29 ·
looks.
Yeah it seemed like ti was getting stuck on something. I thought it was just that the spare was too large and I was wondering if maybe you had your spare out for the video or something. Anyway, I'd rather keep it in the high position. There's enough room to put some random crap like my tool box, jumper cables, etc that I always keep in my car anyway.

The base ST isn't that expensive at all for all the standard features it comes with, not to mention the awesome powertrain. It's when you start adding features it ends up being $25,000 or more. The one I configured on Ford's site with these extra costs: Molten Orange $595, Recaro Package $1995, Navigation $795, ended up being $25,580 after a base price of $21,400, destination of $795, and added options of $3,385. Nav is probably a bit more pricy than it should be considering probably all they do is install the firmware to make it work in the MFT system but I'd rather have a built in unit since it's already got a nice big screen for it. It does add up pretty quick if you want more than standard features. Not that it's not worth it because you get a lot for the price still but you'll find a lot of people don't want to spend $25,000 on a small FWD car like the Fiesta and they'd rather have something like the FR-S which starts at a base price of $25,255 which is just under what my configured Fiesta ST would cost and you get a lot less standard in that car.

I thought the only Recaro option it comes with is partial leather? The standard cloth seats aren't Recaro are they?
The standard cloth seats are the same seats used in the regular S, SE, and Ti Fiestas with an ST seat skin, no real great bolstering of any kind. The Recaros are a $1,995 option that's both cloth and leather. If you look at the interior pics on the first page, the grey is leather and the orange is cloth.

Discussion starter · #30 ·
Another thing I thought of. I was backing the car up on an incline and the hill holder works good. On that same incline my ZX2 would have started rolling forward. It was good to have considering I wasn't real used to the Fiesta's clutch. It seems to engage sooner than my ZX2 clutch. I managed not to kill it on the test drive. But after I got back in my car I wasn't letting the clutch go enough. :p

Discussion starter · #32 ·
For those of you that think you may not like the molten orange because it's too red in the pictures, here's a slightly better representation of what it looks like in the sun. The only thing with this video is you can't really see much of the metallic flake, but the orange is more apparent.

One more thing I thought of to review the Fiesta on, the brakes stop pretty well. I wasn't slamming the brakes on or anything, but just slowing and stopping for a stop sign I noticed they grabbed pretty well. They should perform good in a track environment.

I'm headed to the Ecoboost Challenge this Saturday so I'll post up more pictures probably and a review on the handling aspect since I didn't really touch on that with a mainly highway test drive.

For those of you that think you may not like the molten orange because it's too red in the pictures, here's a slightly better representation of what it looks like in the sun. The only thing with this video is you can't really see much of the metallic flake, but the orange is more apparent.

One more thing I thought of to review the Fiesta on, the brakes stop pretty well. I wasn't slamming the brakes on or anything, but just slowing and stopping for a stop sign I noticed they grabbed pretty well. They should perform good in a track environment.

I'm headed to the Ecoboost Challenge this Saturday so I'll post up more pictures probably and a review on the handling aspect since I didn't really touch on that with a mainly highway test drive.
Much better! Looks amazing. Thanks for sharing

Wow I had forgotten about this vid I think it was the first only Ford put up after the LA auto show .. I still like the MO in fact I like ALL the Fiesta ST colors wish I could own one of each.... :D

Discussion starter · #38 ·
Been kinda lazy to reply about my experience at the Ecoboost Challenge. I already posted a reply about the entire event in the Ecoboost Challenge thread, I'll just outline the ST here. I was originally going to drive the Focus ST around first to get a feel for the track and then drive the Fiesta next, but since we were limited to two times through, two laps each time (I asked if we could go through more than twice, but nope), I ended up just taking the Fiesta around both times because I'd rather drive the car I want to actually buy. Anyway, my first lap around was the slow lap to get a feel for the track. The second lap I pushed it as fast as I felt I could do. I know some people were pushing it harder by the sound of the tires screeching and I rarely screeched the tires. I did feel like I got it up on three wheels at one time. The handling on this car is outstanding. I don't feel any turbo lag at all. Push the gas pedal down and it moves. The brakes are so great that you can wait until the last second to brake for the turn. I never felt like I lost control of the car and I was pushing it harder than I ever think I could push my ZX2 modified for handling. Lap 3 and 4 I got a different car but it handled exactly the same. Pushed it hard both laps. I never remembered to look at my lap times though. I wish I could have gotten more runs because I would have kept getting back in line for quite awhile if I could. The Dallas event didn't seem nearly as packed as the other events were said to be. I think the longest I waited in line was 8 or so minutes, if even that. With how hot it was outside and the fact that the cars were constantly being run hard by pretty much everyone driving with very few breaks, you could smell the engines burning.

Here's a video of the track I found.

Here's the pictures of the STs at the event.

\

I have a Molten Orange on Order. I could not find one anywhere in the state that did not have a moonroof. I will be tracking the car and the moonroof makes for a tight fit when you have a helmet on. I'm looking forward to the car.

Discussion starter · #40 ·
Yeah, I've looked online to see specs on all the dealer order ones and finding one without a moonroof is near impossible. I don't really want one because of the lack of reliability of them. However if I was buying now and a dealer got me a good deal on a dealer stock one with a moonroof with all the other options I wanted I'd be very tempted to go for the offer over waiting. Unfortunately I won't be getting one for awhile so I'll be waiting anyway. :p I'll more than likely end up ordering one.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.