Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have any pointers on installing this part. I looked for a how to but didn't find one and the instructions well, gibberish. I also received three containers of Reiniger 205 and the glue and thats it. Any help would be great I have to wait awhile to install it needs to be a bit warmer!!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I did mine a long time ago but I do have a few pointers.

Pre-fit the Winglets and assure correct fit.
Hold them on the wing with blue tape.
Now tape off the wing around the Winglets so as to protect the wing where the Winglets do NOT touch.
Follow directions and mix the glue.
Only enough to do one side.
Apply the glue to the inner surfaces of the Winglets.
Only put a bead in the center of each surface, too much will squeeze out.
Press the Winglet in place and hold with tape.
If any glue seeps out you will be able to whip it off with a CLEAN paper towel.
Any seepage should be on the tape you applied earlier.
Then do the other side.

I hope that helps.

Dave

·
Registered
84 Posts
Dave said it right Pre-fit the winglet one of mine needed a little trimming and I thought no body will notice. When I applied the adhesive and taped it, well it moved because I didn't take the time to trim it. Now the glue is dry and it can't be removed. Lucky it didn't move but about 1/8 inch. But it drives me crazy every time I look at it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the glue might have changed... I think I have 3 bottled of a primer and a tube of glue. I have to see if I can find out for sure because the writing is all in German. I can't install till it warms up a bit anyway!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What I have is the Elch P1 glue X1 and the reiniger 205 X3 not the other bottle of primer shown on the website....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts