Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mountune USA is hoping to have MP215 kits available for US cars towards the end of Oct.

No info on how they are are going to handle the ecu flashing yet.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
That is for Euro cars.
Yes that page WAS taken from there UK site.
Did you read this line?

David Moore, mountune’s marketing manager says; “With mountune’s expansion into the USA and the need to support a wider range of global customers, it made sense to work with the leader in handheld devices, COBB Tuning. Based on COBB’s Accessport, the mTune includes unique features and firmware to work exclusively with mountune products”

Anyway, I was told that this is being developed for the US market and should be available next month.

Now that COBB has the firmware for their Accessport, that means they have it for the mTune, as the firmware allows them to talk to the car.
So all that needs to be done is the (different) TUNE maps/software for both.

Dave

·
Registered
284 Posts
Yes that page WAS taken from there UK site.
Did you read this line?

David Moore, mountune’s marketing manager says; “With mountune’s expansion into the USA and the need to support a wider range of global customers, it made sense to work with the leader in handheld devices, COBB Tuning. Based on COBB’s Accessport, the mTune includes unique features and firmware to work exclusively with mountune products”

Anyway, I was told that this is being developed for the US market and should be available next month.

Now that COBB has the firmware for their Accessport, that means they have it for the mTune, as the firmware allows them to talk to the car.
So all that needs to be done is the (different) TUNE maps/software for both.

Dave
Is there any word on the warranty situation?

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
On a side note when I asked them if the COBB handheld they are using could be used for loading other tunes they replied in a negative manner but time will tell :)

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Is there any word on the warranty situation?
I was told, the warranty is something is that Mountune is trying to preserve and they are working on it but the UK and US are like two different Ford companies.

On a side note when I asked them if the COBB handheld they are using could be used for loading other tunes they replied in a negative manner but time will tell :)

Although both hand held will work in the same manner.
They are from two different venders.
I am sure there will be a certain amount of exclusivity written into the software.
You can bet that the TUNE MAPs for the Accessport will not load into the mTune and vise versa.

Dave

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Yup pretty much what I was told and had assumed so they can protect the trade secrets :)

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
The air box is now on their website.

Dave

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Perfect time for Christmas your right :) I know what I'm asking the wife for lol does anybody have a video of how the air box sounds?
I know I posted this on another thread somewhere.
The Mountune air box does not make any additional noise (maybe a tiny bit).
The additional cool air intake is directed via hose to below the car.
It is not just all open under the hood where you can hear the intake sucking in all that hot engine compartment air.

via email with mountune usa
WOW,
Ken can't even keep his own secrets.
I just spoke with him on Wednesday about the winglets.

I was told about the MP215 and some other things were to announced at or after SEMA.

Dave

·
Registered
754 Posts
Would there be much of a difference between getting the airbox with that additional hose vs. just getting the k&n filter? The air is already sucked in from the front grill which I would think gives a lot of cool air.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Would there be much of a difference between getting the airbox with that additional hose vs. just getting the k&n filter? The air is already sucked in from the front grill which I would think gives a lot of cool air.
I am not an engineer so I don't think I can answer that question completely.

The Mountune air box does not delete the intake from in front of the grill.
It just adds the intake from below.

If you are correct and the K&N filter is all you need, then why have ALL other CAIs added more holes?
Maybe you are correct and all the extra holes are just for the noise.
Maybe we have just been lied to all these years and these intakes don't really do anything except for the noise.

I do know that colder air is a good thing and more of it is better.
I chose the Mountune because it does draw more air from a cooler source.

You will have to make your own choice.

Dave

·
Registered
754 Posts
I am not an engineer so I don't think I can answer that question completely.

The Mountune air box does not delete the intake from in front of the grill.
It just adds the intake from below.

If you are correct and the K&N filter is all you need, then why have ALL other CAIs added more holes?
Maybe you are correct and all the extra holes are just for the noise.
Maybe we have just been lied to all these years and these intakes don't really do anything except for the noise.

I do know that colder air is a good thing and more of it is better.
I chose the Mountune because it does draw more air from a cooler source.

You will have to make your own choice.

Dave
I'm not saying its a bad thing. Just wondering if the filter alone would produce similar results. Because the intake really is just the filter and an added hole for $299 vs $50 for just a filter. Other intakes are a tube and filter like the one fswerks is building. I did read on the montune site I think that they didn't make a tube as well because it didn't add anything to the performance.

Maybe with the tune the engine will need that extra air inlet. Apparently the Hong Kong car cannot use the intake without the tune due to different ecu settings over there.

Anyway just food for thought. Not saying is pointless, again just wondering what the difference would be.

If the montune intake were cheaper I would have ordered it already.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Would it be possible to modify the oem box by adding a bit of DIY duct work? Or is the box different in shape compared to the old 11-13 non ST? I'm just curious...

1 - 20 of 191 Posts