Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

181 - 191 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks ken, I reread my post from last night and came off more a an ass than intended, thank you for the clarification. Actually didn't mean to come off as an ass at all. I am looking forward to the release.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
We are developing some torque vectoring "tuning" now that will allow better utilization of a gear type mechanical differential. Testing on the Focus has been impressive.
Well this is indeed intriguing Hmmmmm

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
So here is a silly Question If I buy the M tune hand held and ONLY want the MR tunes do I still need Ford to install it or is this a stand alone purchase ? I guess I am asking can I just buy the hand held AND you MR tunes NOT the MP215 tune? tia

·
Registered
754 Posts
All very interesting stuff. I like the part where Ken mentioned the possibility of release next week.... And the exhaust.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Ken,
Maybe I am still missing something.
Can the MP215 tune be installed on a daily driver then be removed so as to install a custom tune via the Cobb AccessPort (for a track day)?
Then AccessPort removed to reinstall the MP215 tune for the daily driver again?
Dave

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I am, although my face first turned red and is now turning a bit blue.
It sounds like you are on your way.
When you turn yellow, you will have achieved Mountune colors and ready for the MP215.

Dave

·
Registered
140 Posts
Ken,
Maybe I am still missing something.
Can the MP215 tune be installed on a daily driver then be removed so as to install a custom tune via the Cobb AccessPort (for a track day)?
Then AccessPort removed to reinstall the MP215 tune for the daily driver again?
Dave
The only way currently to reinstall the original calibration is to have it done at a Ford dealer whereby the event is recorded. I guess if you destroyed an engine at the track with an outside calibration while racing and then reinstalled the mountune calibration there could be a false warranty claim. Although I doubt anyone would ever do that.

181 - 191 of 191 Posts