Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm new to modding. My Fiesta has only 2500 miles on it and is bone stock. If I got a new exhaust, would I have to tune it? I honestly have no idea what I am talking about so any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

· Registered
147 Posts
For a cat back exhaust only, no tune is necessary. A downpipe would require a tune, though. Cobb and Mountune (not to mention a half dozen other companies) have information on their websites about mods and tunes. Enjoy your FiST!

· Registered
66 Posts
A cat back does not do anything for HP. It just sounds nice. if you want HP the first thing you should do is a Cobb access port and K&N air filter. That will get you to stage 1 next is an upgrade to the intercooler.

· Registered
66 Posts
it re-maps your cars computer it also removes the torque truncation that is part of the stock programing so you have more power in lower gears. best cash you can spend. cat backs do not do anything for HP on this car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.