Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

Rear wiper wont stop.

33K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  CarefreeAZ 
#1 ·
So, this morning I came out to my car and the inside light was stuck on.. I couldn't shut it off, had to turn on/off the car multiple times to finally get the light off... Then I noticed all day long driving around... That the rear wiper is coming on every few seconds.. And I can't get it to stop.

Anyone experienced the wiper issue?
Am I completely missing something? Am I correct in thinking it was only supposed to come on automatically when reversing, and was not manually controlled whatsoever?

Any idea's as to what could cause this? Or do I really have to go into the shop over a wiper malfunction.

Going to feel pretty dumb if there's a button for that back one that I am not aware of and I just have it set to on or something ridiculous. But I can't for the life of me find anything that controls it.

For the record, I did not dive backwards all day.

#2 ·
I checked the manual online to see if I could figure it out. It's vague at best, but from what I can understand, the rear wiper can be manually controlled but pulling the stalk towards you. So try pushing the stalk away from you to see if it stops.

#3 ·
Thanks, I'll give it a go... I was pretty sure I tried pushing it every direction I could think of... If that is the fix I am going to feel like a moron.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.