Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

Reversing camera?

43615 Views 64 Replies 30 Participants Last post by  SirGreg76
It's getting close to delivery time now, and already time to start thinking about upgrades. While the Mountune stuff is appealing (and might happen eventually) my ST is probably not going to spend tons of time on the track.

I was looking into adding a reversing camera - does anyone have any experience or opinions of the NavTV module, which apparently would allow the stock MyFord Touch screen to display a camera...

http://www.navtv.com/product/207/myfordtouch-cam.html

Thoughts? $500 seems like a lot.
1 - 11 of 65 Posts
It's getting close to delivery time now, and already time to start thinking about upgrades. While the Mountune stuff is appealing (and might happen eventually) my ST is probably not going to spend tons of time on the track.

I was looking into adding a reversing camera - does anyone have any experience or opinions of the NavTV module, which apparently would allow the stock MyFord Touch screen to display a camera...

http://www.navtv.com/product/207/myfordtouch-cam.html

Thoughts? $500 seems like a lot.
The OWN route may not be an option. I work for a Ford dealer and I spoke to my Favorite mechanic Who knows about the electronic systems. He has emailed his contact at Ford to see if it is possible to add the OWN camera from the titanium Fiesta. As soon as I get a reply, I will post it. BTW, sorry about the double post. I am now using taptalk. Much easier...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Reactions: 1
Sorry the word replacement is terrible. I meant OEM.

Actually there is more to it than just cables. The camera actually communicates with the computer module that controls the MyFord touch system so the firmware may not support it on this model. More as soon as I hear from Ford.

Thanks, I'll check it out

Thanks I'll check it out.

Yes the lockpick looks good. I am still waiting for an answer from ford. Will advise...

Me too. However, if OEM is not an option, I plan on asking my expert here at the dealer what he thinks of the lockpick option before I go and make the purchase. I will post his answer as soon as he gets back to me. I expect Monday or Tuesday next week. Cheers....Gary

Sorry folks, I heard back from ford and it is not doable with factory parts.

I think the cameras are available after market for less than a Ford part. I will do some research and post what I find.

I'll check it out thanks

1 - 11 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.