Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

SoCal folks: anyone down for a GMR CRUISE 2/23/14?

2K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  McRib 1s Back 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm housesitting in Glendora this weekend and I haven't yet taken the car up GMR.

I'd love to put together a CRUISE - note that word there - cruise - meaning this is not a 10/10ths go-as-fast-you-can run. If you want to do that, go do it with a different group - this is about getting out, enjoying the cars and the scenery and maybe getting to shoot a little lead-follow Fiesta footage with my GoPros (if you have one please bring it along!)
No street racing will be tolerated. Spirited driving is cool- outright racing isn't (let's save that for the track). :)

Let's meet up around 6:30 in Glendora at Donut Man, depart by 7, then heading up GMR from Glendora side, the cruising back down via east fork and ending at Legends on Rt 66 back in Glendora. going this early will allow us to avoid both the damn bicyclists who have no goddamn business riding up there and the five-oh. Of course, a stop at "The Spot" where Glendora Ridge Rd, East Fork and Glendora Mtn Road Converge is a must for photos.

ROUTE MAP
http://goo.gl/maps/r28ok

Cheers,
Nick

See less See more
#3 ·
What time of day would you suggest? how early do we need to be out to dodge ponch and john?
I would highly recommend against screwing around IN glendora itself as Glendora PD are dicks - even to other LEOs

Again, this is more of a cruise than anything else - but then again the golden hour for shooting video is early...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.