Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I don't get off work until after 10:00AM both days.
It is a little short notice to set up for most people.
I am sure most people have to work so we generally schedule these things for the weekends.

Here is a route that takes a good part of the day.
We then stop at Wood Ranch BBQ for lunch.

Dave
This is a fine route, Dave. One thing we need to check is canyon closures. When I was there weekend before last, Kanan (or was it Las Virgenes?) was closed halfway up due to increased fire risk.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Hi Dave -- I'm down in SJC tonight, and may spend the night down south. If I get back in time, I'm game. It's just looking like you should count me out on this run.

On a somewhat related note, I did that run to highway 74 (Ortega) on Thursday. It was awesome! It's been years, but I don't remember it so smooth.

If you go, do it early or during the week. Like Dave said before, most of it is a no-passing zone.

Totally worth it if you live down this way. There are plenty of sheer drops and decreasing radius turns, so be careful on your first run. I ran it south-to-north then ran it back the way I came in.

I saw oil temps as high as 214 deg F, and elevated charge temps up to 90, but never lost power, had knocking or timing pulled. The FiST just rocked the whole time. The 225 DZ2s we're super sticky! Good time! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.