Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

Soon to be FiST owner in LA

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  hyatt 
#1 ·
Hi. I'm Kyle, I live in LA, and I work at a place called Pelican Parts (which if you're a BMW or Porsche guy, you've probably heard of us). After meeting a couple guys from this board (McRib and D1JL I think?) at a Streets of Willow track day a few weeks ago that I attended with some coworkers, and seeing how much fun they were having, I was convinced that I needed one of these cars to replace my R50 Mini Cooper and my E39 525i Touring. The wife and I are in the process of divesting ourselves of our current cars and then we will be picking up an Ingot Silver, Rado Wheels, Recaro package equipped FiST in the next month or two. We can't wait! I look forward to getting to know you guys and these cars better.

Cheers!

#2 ·
I am glad to see we made an impression on you.
I too owned a Mini (R53) and loved it but the FiST is better.
Also more car for the money.

Do you already have a dealer?
I use Galpin Ford.
I have done business with this dealer you many years.
If you want a great salesman, PM me.

Welcome aboard and I hope you get your car soon.

Dave

#4 ·
Dave, we went to Galpin for a test drive a couple weekends ago and didn't have a terribly positive experience. It may have been that particular salesman though and I didn't take it to be necessarily representative of Galpin as a whole. I think that we're going to try the whole TrueCar.com thing. This will be our first new car and a coworker had a positive experience buying his Mazdaspeed 3 that way (he was at the track day too!).

#5 ·
Welcome and if you haven't done so, go to the Ford website and select car brochures to be mailed out to your address. The individual brochures will have a $500 private cash on top of the current incentives. It takes about 10 days to 14 days to get them. Great way to stack the incentives.

#7 ·
Well guys, I finally pulled the trigger and bought a FiST. You all convinced me. It's a 2014 Ingot Silver car with Smoke Storm Recaros and Nav. Can't wait to get through all the break-in nonsense so I can really enjoy the car as intended. Also, can't wait to get to the track, maybe Buttonwillow in late June. I'll take some photos tomorrow.

Reactions: bryramos
#9 ·
Thanks Dave! And thanks for your help and recommending Frank. Galpin didn't have what I was looking for but he was fantastic to deal with.

#11 ·
Congrats with your ST. My Galpin Ford experience was also bad and I let them know when I received their survey. Though they are huge I was less than impressed with their sales rep. On the other hand South Bay Ford was awesome and where I ended up getting my ST.

#12 ·
Yeah my South Bay experience was great. I dealt with Ryan Sheik there. He made it super easy. Plus, if I want service, it's kind of on my way to work which is nice.

#13 ·
I think you may have gotten the only Ingot Silver that was there for the last several weeks and was there when I picked up my ST. Only options it had were Recaros and Navi. It was a toss up between white and silver for me. I worked with Kevin Clyde, but everyone I came into contact there with was great, even Michael in finance. Everything was smooth with no pressure. I felt their focus aside from making a sale was my complete satisfaction. I went back later to pick up a locking fuel plug and even the guys in parts were cool.

#14 ·
koozy, yeah, it was the only Ingot Silver car there. Ingot Silver cars are kind of hard to find, apparently. There was one at Sunset Ford in Fontucky but they had some sketchy dealer installed dash wart alarm thingy and were generally horrible to deal with. Their F&I guy totally fit the cliche of being dishonest, and sleazy. Kyle, the F&I guy at South Bay was exactly the opposite. Super quick, efficient, and didn't try to sell me on any nonsense.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.