Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

starting issue

5K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  welltal89 
#1 ·
This morning , I went out to my car, open the doors, lights come on in the headlights and taillights as they usually do when they unlock, I go and hit the start button and nothing happens..car doesn't start, radio doesn't turn on, lights go out in the headlights and taillights..i go and unplug the negative battery terminal for 10 seconds, plug it back in and everythings back to normal..strange..anybody had something like this happen with their FiST?

#2 ·
I had a similar problem. Within the first week of having the car, everything electrical stopped working briefly while I was driving. (Throttle, EPAS, radio etc.) I limped the car home to find that the negative battery terminal was totally loose. I tightened it and havent had a problem since.

#3 ·
Well, its now at the shop :/ while driving in the fast lane it just all of a sudden cut out, so as quick as I could get into the slow lane it cut back in, but said I was doing 240km/h lol at 6000rpm (I wasn't). pulled off the highway, claimed I was doing 140km/h at a redlight got to Ford, turned it off, still said I was doing 120km/h lol anyway left it with them, got a loaner. yay.

#5 ·
nah I got a base fiesta lol but I did get the car back today. They say it had faults within the cluster and that it should be okay now. Would the cluster make the car turn off and on and make it do the things it did? im not sure..im still nervous that something will happen again, but I guess time will tell. I really thought it would be an ECU thing but due to the fact that it didn't even throw a check engine or wrench light, I guess there wasn't much they could check.

#6 ·
well after a week of strange things happening, she died again..this time in my garage. Lights come on and everything but hit the start button, nothing happens. Unplugged the battery and plugged it back in..nothing. Ugh, here we go again. On the bright side, I got my windows tinted (including sun strip) today haha (as seen in pic 2) 23% all around

Attachments

Reactions: LuvfiestaST
#8 ·
nope sitting in my garage, dealer was already closed by the time it happened and sunday its closed so I gotta wait until Monday :/

#10 ·
it ended up starting today lol but I just brought it to the dealer, tired of dealing with these issues, let them try and figure it out. ill be going into to talk to them tomorrow..hopefully they get it 100% this time

#11 ·
still in the shop but I did go in yesterday and they can't get it to do any of the problems im having (figures) part of me wants the car back, but part of me doesn't want it back until its fixed :/ I don't want to worry about it not starting everytime I go for a drive

#12 ·
still in the shop but I did go in yesterday and they can't get it to do any of the problems im having (figures) part of me wants the car back, but part of me doesn't want it back until its fixed :/ I don't want to worry about it not starting everytime I go for a drive
I know this is a year and a half later, but did they figure out the issue? I've been dealing with what sounds like something similar but since they can't replicate they can't fix it...

#13 ·
Oh joy, same thing is happening to me, car is at the dealership. They told me they couldn't replicate the no power for anything, and told me to pick it up. They called me back saying they tried moving it and it wouldn't turn on (no power at all) so they're looking into it.

#15 ·
Hopefully they figure it out man! Just had my FoST in the shop for the past 2 weeks because the alarm wouldn't stop so they had to throw a new body control module in it

#18 ·
The dealership cleaned the ground contacts, and found some corrosion on the body. They cleaned and sealed it up so i shouldn't have anymore issues. Apparently that was it, luckily the warranty covered the repair, though i cant see that being too expensive if it didnt.
On the bcm you mean? That's interesting because that's the exact same thing with my FoST, they found some corrosion on one of the pins so they just replaced it with a brand new one. Apparently they must not be sealed that great because the guy was like no idea how moisture got in there but it should be fine now

#14 ·
It's been a while since I've had the car but I believe they just changed the cluster out on it and it was fine. I'll try and go back in my paperwork and see exactly what they did but I do remember them changing my cluster.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.