Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never have had anyone in the back seats. Only weight ever in the back has been 4 un-mounted tires (so about 100lbs).

Rubbed a hole in the passenger side rear felt. Drivers side no evidence of contact.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Is that a rub or a tear?

It kind of looks like something got kicked up between the wheel and the felt but I'm just looking at a picture.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a rub (that obviously resulted in the tear) prior to taking the picture I had reached in to manipulate the felt to get a better picture w/out needing to remove my wheel.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
It says stock tires, that's really weird
Yup I just proved I can't read a title fer shoot !! My bad thanks for being patient with this old fart :)

205/40/17
That should not be doing that even at hiway speeds.. best get a warranty claim going .. Looked at mine and they are about a inch or so away and has me wondering about ice and crud build up in winter ... will keep a eye out for that ..

·
Registered
757 Posts
I had noticed and posted about a flat spot on the driver's side liner after installing 205/45R17 tires. It hasn't gotten any worse, but I'm not going to keep these tires on for long. Keep us posted on the outcome.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Damn...gonna have to check mine out...im rockin 205/45/17. Was gonna get coilovers and lower a little...might have to get my 16" wheels sooner than I thought.
'

·
Registered
908 Posts
I just had the wheels off and checked the liners on both sides.

No rubs, no tears.

I've had four people + luggage in the car for a short trip, three-wheeled it in an autocross, a 1,000+ mile road trip, blast up and down curvy mountain roads and hit more potholes that I would like, 6,700 miles.

Any way, there must be something different with your car or something got stuck in there.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Rubbed a hole in the passenger side rear felt. Drivers side no evidence of contact.
I still have the stock tires and with the Eibach springs is considerably lower.
I push it fairly hard through the canyons and have no issues at all with rubbing.

You may have a bad spring.

Dave

1 - 11 of 11 Posts