Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

Sync 3 to launch in 2016 Fiesta, Escape

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Sil3nt611 
#1 ·
http://www.engadget.com/2015/06/02/ford-sync-3-launch-details/

[Ford] has revealed that its tuned-up infotainment will first show up in 2016 Escape and Fiesta models, both of which go on sale this summer. If you'll recall, this version of Sync makes some big strides toward matching the experience you get on your smartphone. Besides touting an easier (or rather, less cumbersome) and speedier interface, it also brings in support for phone-like capacitive touch, more natural voice commands and WiFi updating. Sync 3 is much smarter about talking to your mobile gear, as well. It'll be one of the first shipping in-car platforms to support both Android Auto and CarPlay, and it'll eventually communicate directly with supporting navigation apps

#3 ·
You don't.

Sync 3 requires a more robust processor and memory allotment. It also has multi-touch support which the current touchscreen does not support. Factor in the BCM integration for driver information alerts, climate control and more... It's just not feasible.

Sent from my iPhone using Psychic Paper

#5 ·
I don't like the look of it as much. Rather it be a black background as I can see the white glow being annoying at night. But if it's coming on the 2016 Fiesta ST then I'll be getting it when I get my car I will be ordering soon. Seems to run better than MFT, I just hope I like it better because I kinda liked the way MFT was setup. The biggest problem was slowness and freezing from what I understand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.