Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

The brake dust is INSIDIOUS...

7K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  wiggin105 
#1 · (Edited)
The front door jamb. The leading edge of the rear door. The rear of the rear door opening. The exterior of the rear hatch. The sticky margin of the paint protection film on the rear door opening (that stuff isn't coming off). Unless you track your car the first thing I'd suggest to a new owner is to swap the pads out. We got the gray wheels after reading about this, but man, this stuff gets everywhere.

EDIT: oh, I see. There are no other street only front pads available :(

#2 ·
I clean my wheels daily during my lunch hour to keep up. While they are horribly dusty, they work outstanding! I have close encounters with wild life and the brakes did their job at dropping the speed.

#9 ·
That's good to hear. Has to be dust and low speed grabbiness. On the grabbiness note, it was pretty bad. I've never driven a car with brakes that grabby at the end of coming to a stop, but I've never used crazy race pads so there's that. I went and did a bedding procedure on the car to solve that. My wife drives the car gently and for short distances so I have a feeling the pads were a little '"green" for lack of a better term.

Unfortunately it could just be a supplier change, or something to coincide with the facelift that the car is due for. Might turn out to be better though.

#7 ·
I have Porterfield R4S pads on my car now but they require a lot more pressure and travel to get the same braking force as stock (they are slightly better if you mash it). They have much less brake dust which is good however I plan on going back to stock as soon as I can get a set.

#11 ·
The original equipment Fiesta ST brake pads are track pads and they're spectacular. They feel similar to the brake pads on the Euro Fiesta that I test drove during the 2009 Fiesta Movement. Grabby, dusty and track worthy. I got a set of Euro brake pads for my 2011 Fiesta and they were awesome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.