Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering getting my mirror covers and roof wrapped in either carbon fiber or gloss black and was wondering what everyone's opinion was. Has anyone had this done on any of their vehicles? Also if someone with some photoshop skills could make a preview of this on a white FiST that would be helpful. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
908 Posts
Carbon fiber wrap is lame.

For an example of some vinyl detail on a white ST, look at the FSWerks SEMA show car.

I think they did a little too much with the vinyl but they have to add their name, take some of that out and it would be a nice touch.

I want to do some of the stuff they did and add a little touch that will be my own, just enough to look different but subtle enough that people could think its factory.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's why I've leaned more towards the gloss black. It would seem more factory than carbon fiber.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I'm considering getting my mirror covers and roof wrapped in either carbon fiber or gloss black and was wondering what everyone's opinion was. Has anyone had this done on any of their vehicles? Also if someone with some photoshop skills could make a preview of this on a white FiST that would be helpful. Thanks guys!
I have done this.
I tried wrapping the mirror caps on my '11 SES only to find the vinyl will lift.
It will NOT stay down around the little fins on the top of the mirror caps.
I ended up painting them as I have on my ST.

Sent with my retro keyboard and mouse.

Dave

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
That's why I've leaned more towards the gloss black. It would seem more factory than carbon fiber.
I've seen of the latest "carbon fiber" vinyl, and it looks pretty good under casual observation. Black is my choice over this, however (I really dislike fake carbon fiber stuff in general).

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
JP6,
The mirror caps are cheap.
Buy an extra set and paint them black.

Sent with my retro keyboard and mouse.

Dave

·
Registered
757 Posts
I'm not sure if I like that or not. It will definitely help protect the original paint. How many coats and how many cans did you use?

·
Registered
422 Posts
wrap it in chrome vinyl...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts