Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

What car did you trade in for your FiST?

33K views 178 replies 115 participants last post by  m4ximusprim3 
#1 ·
I was suppose to trade my 06 Acura TL but flaked out. Gonna give it a whole weekend thought.

#4 · (Edited)
Not a direct trade but sold my two cars recently and the ST replaced them, they were a Prius and a Birkin S3(Lotus 7 clone), figured the ST was a good compromise between the bookends of the automotive world ;-) (in terms of practicality) FWIW the Birkin had a Ford driveline...2.0 L Zetec engine and a T9 gearbox.

#6 ·
Sold my 2001 Focus ZX3 to my nephew. 106K miles, CAI, catback, SVT suspension, impeccably maintained, for $2K. But teaching him to drive a stick, oy...

So far, the FiST is so much more refined. The last new car that swept me off my feet like this was my 84 Subaru BRAT. Wish I still had that.

#153 ·
The last new car that swept me off my feet like this was my 84 Subaru BRAT. Wish I still had that.
I had one of those. It really was a fun car. I wish I still had it, too.

#29 ·
I won't be getting my ST for awhile, but when I do, my 2003 Ford ZX2 will be the car to get replaced. Back when I thought about getting a regular Fiesta I wanted to keep the ZX2 as my fun car, but getting the ST it doesn't make sense having my fun car the slower car. :p I'm gonna have one heck of a hard time parting with it. It was my first nice car. Saved up $6,000 for a year to buy one. Put a lot of wrench time in on it between all my mods, maintenance, and my 5 speed manual transmission swap from auto. The ST will more than make up for how the car accelerates and handles, but the one thing that will bug me is the lack of a subwoofer. I like listening to music in my car and have nice speakers, a head unit, amps, and a sub that put out some great sounding music. If only the ST was offered with even an 8" factory subwoofer, that would make it that much easier to part with my car. I don't plan to mod the ST aside from the short shift kit, so a factory installed sub would be great.

I'd probably sell it private party just because it's already not worth much in trade in value as it is. And with mods it might be worth more to some high school kid who will likely wreck it into a tree after 3 weeks. :( As long as I don't know about it I'll be fine. I know I'm not getting my money back on the mods and don't plan to pull most of them, if any, just because the ZX2 platform is already 10 years old at the newest so trying to sell the stuff would be difficult and I no longer have the stock parts to replace it all. That's really why I don't want to mod the ST. You get the mod bug and you just throw money into your car. Before you know it, you're broke and you can't make the money back.

#30 ·
2011 Hyindai i20. Only cosmetic and functional mods: Android head unit. Reverse camera. Retro morimoto mini bi xenon headlights with ccfl halos. Led rear emblem light.

Never looked back since. The only thing I do wish the FiST has would be hid headlights as standard. We get Euro version here and that only has halogen projector candlesticks...

Now I need mentally prepare myself with another retro...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.