Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

Willow Springs event, 29 March photos

2K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  Chris 
#1 · (Edited)
Banner Race track Advertising Vehicle Racing

Some fun from McRib1sBack. I'm working on getting the best photos online and ready to share soon.

(103 Photos) on Facebook

(103 Photos) on Google+

(103 Photos) on the SoCal Fiestas Gallery

See less See more
#2 ·
Ah, turn 3! I regard my spin, later, leaving turn 4 as more spectacular. Have that one, too? :)

Thanks for sharing that, and the rest of the photos.

Ironically, turn 3 was my by best turn, last track day. This time, I would get sideways out of 3, half the time through it. That succeeded in taking my confidence down a few notches. ;)

#6 ·
Big Willow's rack rate is about $145. A few of us take advantage of the "coupon packs" and depending on how many you buy, you get a better deal. It's pretty easy to get it under $100/day with one of their smaller deals.

If you mean "true cost", I spend about another $60 in 100 octane race fuel, and take a healthy chunk off my brake pads and tires each full day.

For reference, SoW and HTM are a lot cheaper per track day (w/Extreme Speed).

#11 ·
This might not be the best place to ask but here goes! What's the general opinion on track days vs canyon runs? I've heard arguments for both sides and was just wondering what thoughts were.... I'm a fan of both but obviously lean toward canyons due to cost and convince...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#16 ·
Safety and speed! You cannot or should not drive near your limit on the street. The track is the only safe place to find your limits. Take a look at the tires from one of our full track days and you'll see that you aren't pushing your car nearly as hard on the street. You simply don't have the same sustained pace.

Your first track day will be a bit overwhelming. A couple of the FoST guys mentioned that they spent most of their time in the local canyons; they had a good time, but realized just how different it is on the track.

Fortunately, you don't have to choose. Just find a time when you can do a track day, and we'll find a time when we can join you for a canyon run. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.