Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

Withdrawal real bad

3K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  FordService 
#1 ·
Who'd have ever thought, after owning some pretty slick cars in the recent past (BMW Z3 Coupe 2.8L, STX prepped 02 WRX, STU prepped 05 STi, STX prepped 08 .:R32), that I would be going freaking BONKERS with massive withdrawal over my poor PB Fiesta ST that got broken into after having it for only 2 weeks, and has been at the body shop now for a week +! But I AM!!!!

It is a car based on the cheapest ecobox in Ford's inventory. It is the cheapest costing (new) car I have ever owned. It does not have the top notch and quality interior that my .:R32 had (far from it). It does not have a smaller, cool flat bottomed steering wheel like my .:R32. It does not have AWD like the Subes and VW. It does not have the 270hp+ of my .:R32, or the 400hp+ of my old STi. It does not do 0-60 in 4-5 seconds. It does not have RWD like the Z3. It does not have HID headlights or auto dimming mirror. It is not (yet, LOL) modified with suspension or exhaust/intake, wheels, or tune like my past cars - totally bone stock.

Yet, this is the MOST FUN AND ADDICTIVE CAR TO DRIVE that I've had in a long time! I am going nuts without it. I feel like a zombie every day, just going through the motions of a live person. I crave the embrace of my Recaro seats! I keep reaching for the shifter, missing that butter smooth gear change. I miss the feeling of the taunt suspension, carving through the turns. Or the input of the steering wheel in my hands. Hell, I even miss the voice of that mysterious lady who keeps asking me to command her! Where is she? WHO is she? I asked her for a date, but she only replied she could not understand? Argh! I NEED MY FIESTA FIX!

See less See more
#5 ·
This is definitely the most fun car I've owned since my 2003 SVT Focus and yes this ST is a lot faster. I'm sitting here trying to find excuses to pull it out of the garage. There is a good chance I might just take it for a "fun run". Oh wait. I need beer. I must drive to the beer store. But not the closest beer store. That would be cheating.

#7 ·
I have a Jetta for a rental. Handling wise, not too bad. But if people think the Fiesta ST interior is cheap ecobox, it is luxurious compared to this Jetta. Everything is hard plastic! No soft touch anywhere. Yet another reason why I went with the ST after my 08 MKV R32! VW cheapened their cars even more.

Oh, and the seats? Anyone who thinks the stock ST seats are good, are nuts! The stock VW seats are always way better than other brand stock seats. And these are horrendous compared to my missed Recaro's!

And the Jetta 2.5L engine? Can barely get out of its own way. Argh!

#8 ·
Best seats I ever had in a car were in my 2000 ZX3, I ordered it with side airbags which gave it better seats than the base model and yes they were better than my SVT seats.

#10 ·
Yup, they're nice but they sit higher than regular Focus seats which means they're useless for my 6'6" self.

I didn't say my 2000 Focus seats were the best seats ever, just the best in a car I've owned. :) I do like my SVT seats but they don't fit me like those old 2000 seats did.

#13 ·
the HPFP making realyl bad noises .. changed 2 times and problem always came back .. car taking water at the carwash (had like ½inch of water behind the seats) rattles just about everywhere after owning the car for like 2 months .. intermittent idling problems, there was a kind of "loose" feeling with something in the rear diff

#16 ·
So the diff problem what did that feel like .. At times my FRS what feel odd when taking off forward in the morning like it was slipping or something .. Anyways I don't miss it at all :) very happy with the power of the FiST and the handling .. Not to mention the kids like the rear seat room lol

#19 ·
Got my car back on Monday, and the fun just keeps coming! Got it back in WORSE shape than how it was when I dropped it off! Will post more tomorrow. And will post the bodyshop manager's replies as well. You will not believe what he said! I am still trying to calm down.

Sure hope Meagan from Ford reads my IM when she gets back on Monday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.